Saturday

No post today...

RC accidentally slept through the game. When we woke up, we realized we hadn't missed anything. Anyway, in lieu of an actual post with commentary, RC will simply keep the promise we made yesterday by posting today's Billy Butler Photo of the Day. Be sure to check back this weekend for some notes on the Royals/Angels series.




  • I was looking through some of my photos from the All-Star Game, and I saw that I managed to snap a pretty cool photo of minor league HR leader Brandon Wood -- you can even see the ball coming in. Anyway, the photo is below, for anyone who doesn't know what Wood looks like. By the way, RC asked RO the other day what he thought of Wood. RO is convinced his numbers are heavily inflated by the CA League.

    Also, the Harrisburg Senators are coming to my area on Monday, so I'm thinking about heading out to Bowie to catch the game. If I do, I'll hopefully get some cool photos of Ryan Zimmerman, the 3B the Royals passed on in the 2005 draft. If I'm successful, you can bet you'll find them right here.

  • 1 Comments:

    At 7/02/2005 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Just wondering...

    Did anyone else notice Friday night that Paul Byrd looked like he was going to the bill of his hat for pine-tar to load up on 2-2 counts?

    He had an extremely appearant dark spot of goo on the middle front of the bill of his hat and often would touch it quite a few times right before big pitches. I wathced the game on TV and it really looked like he was pulling a Brandon Donnelly.

    Byrd sweats a TON when on the mound and this would seem to make perfect sense that he would need something to get a better grip on the ball in these situations.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home