Sunday

RC wraps up Arizona trip as Butler and Gordon both homer...

UPDATE (11/08/05 12:00 AM): The videos should work fine now. Let us know if you're still having trouble viewing them.

EDITOR'S NOTE: We understand the video is not working anymore. This is because we already exceeded our monthy bandwith. However, we have dipped into the RC Official War Chest to purchase more bandwith and file space, so we promise everything will be up and running after RC's official softball game tonight. Be sure to check back often, because we're going to add even more great stuff tonight!
-----------

RC had another great day, as the Scorpions won again, Alex Gordon walked three times, and both he and Billy Butler hit home runs. RC has a ridiculously early flight, so we've posted only the videos and a few photos from today's action. We'll post in far more detail in the coming week, as we try to figure out the best way to bring you the enormous quantity of content we acquired in the past three days. RC took over 400 photos on this trip, along with over 200 videos.




"




Gordon slammed his dinger (a three-run shot) in the bottom of the fifth inning. It was a high, arching fly ball that cleared the right field bullpen fence by a few feet.




"




Butler's homer was a tremendous two-run blast to left-center field. He caught up with a high fastball and hit a true no-doubter, which was far more impressive than his homer on Friday.


Brian Bass got the start today, and he went five strong innings. He surrendered two runs on six hits while striking out five and walking none.



This is one of the coolest photos RC has ever snapped.



Butler rounds third after his home run.



Two-thirds of the Beltran bounty was in the house today...

8 Comments:

At 11/06/2005 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In case your intersted, your video does not work with Apple's browser, "Safari". I'd love to see Butler and Gordon take a few hacks, so maybe you could look into it. As a lifel long Royals fan, those boys seem to be our only thing to look forward to these days.

Ya heard?

directly from the NOLA war zone:
AR

 
At 11/06/2005 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Butler sure got all of that one. Gordon's swing was pretty too.

I made your photo of the two of them standing in front of the dugout my background. A vision of the future.

 
At 11/06/2005 6:29 PM, Blogger DL said...

Excellent stuff, Dave. Premium content. You could charge for this.

 
At 11/06/2005 6:29 PM, Blogger DL said...

Of course, if you did MLB would probably breath down your neck...

 
At 11/06/2005 8:52 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Hey guys, to address the questions and requests:

1) I have absolutely no idea how to get the photos to work on Apple computers. If you send me an e-mail, I'll send you the mpeg format. That might work for you, but I suspect the problem you're having is because Apple doesn't recognize wmv files.

2) royalsbeliever, I have no idea why it doesn't work on your comp with IE. Perhaps your settings are off, or you don't have enough internal memory.

3) Anonymous, if you shoot me an e-mail, I'll give you a wallpaper sized version of that photo. I've already sent that exact photo to someone else.

4) royalsbeliever, I took some photos of the stadium. Again, shoot me an e-mail if you want them. I also might publish a few on the site in the coming days.

5) DL, feel free to send me a check!

 
At 11/07/2005 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My email is rushinaj@cox.net, if you could send me the mpg link, That would be super cool. Keep on rockin' --

 
At 11/08/2005 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave the videos still do not work.

 
At 11/08/2005 12:41 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Bob, everything should work fine if you are using Internet Explorer on a computer with standard settings. However, if it still isn't working, there are a couple things we can try. In fact, this will be a good test. I think the problem may be that people are having trouble with the viewer on the site.

Try clicking on this link, and tell me if that brought up a video for you.

If that doesn't work, then send me an e-mail, and I'll e-mail you the mpeg file. And I didn't forget about you, Aaron. I was going to send the file last night, but my home internet crapped out on me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home